There is no one exactly like you.
I listen to you, learn about you, and understand what you are dealing with. Then I work with you to set goals and craft a plan to achieve them. Knowing the right way to eat is just one part of getting on the right track and staying there. There’s a whole lot more to it and we cover all of it.
From our first 15-minute consultation to our 90-minute assessment, we will review your health history, experiences with dieting and nutrition, usual eating habits & activity routine, and food preferences. We’ll talk about what gets you motivated and what gets in your way. I always ask you to keep a log of your eating & activity schedule for 3 days before we meet. Depending on any specific medical issues you may be facing, I might ask you to monitor symptoms or collect other info also. Data is great information so if you have any recent labwork, I’ll ask to see them and if there are any labs I think we will need in order to work together, I’ll make suggestions.
Here’s what I believe:
• It’s essential to take into account your health, nutrition history and lifestyle to create a plan that is customized to you. There is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” diet.
• Plan for the long run. If you can’t see yourself eating a certain way a year from now - or 2 years or 5 years - it’s not going to work for you.
• Real change is a marathon, not a sprint. Many diets promise overnight results, but slow & steady wins the race.
• Healthy eating is powerful but it doesn’t work alone for long. In order to be healthy & strong and see results, integrating fitness into your life is essential.
• Food first. Your body knows the difference and is always able to obtain what it needs best from a whole food source. When you need to address nutritional deficiencies, whole food sources are always the first tool in my toolbox.
Here’s what I will do:
• Understand the whole picture of you - from your health to your habits to your lifestyle - in order to make sure we design a plan that works.
• I’ll make sure you have the knowledge, skills & confidence you need to be successful.
• I will always stay up to date on the latest science and make sure you not only benefit from it, but understand it. I will provide straightforward and practical guidance and make sure no question goes unanswered.
• When requested, I will partner with you, your healthcare team and your family or caregiving team to address health challenges and optimize your nutrition.
I will empower you to be the change you want to see in your life.